Thursday, May 17, 2012


Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SO, THIS IS LOVE...




So, This is Love. What a statement. I didn't make it, originally, but, besides being the working title of my new music project, I'm actually experiencing love while working! Go figure! So, at the risk of needing to offer some ham with that cheese, here's some love going out to the people behind So, this is Love: Amazing jazz pianist and producer, Chris Rhyne (Jean-Luc Ponty, Randy Jackson, Santana), my musical partner in crime in the studio. The ever-trusting, uber talent of Steve Corn at Not Us Music, the label (Wow! So, you can be happy on a label! Go figure again!) this release will be under. The ever-believing Stephen Michael Schwartz who constantly watches out for me, and made sure Maestro Corn knew who I was in the first place. The support of Danny who's been bugging me to record jazz for awhile now after he made me sing at a jazz piano bar in Rome, at the piano at the renowned Emeril's Delmonico in New Orleans, and on stage with Bob French and his boys at d.b.a. in New Orleans (btw, their cd, Marsalis Music Presents Bob French, produced by Branford Marsalis, is delicious!). And, finally, The Nitzberg, loading up my arms with cds of other amazing jazz artists (and country!?) to feed my soul. (Sun Ra concert sometime soon?) So, This is Love. Ain't it cool? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment