Thursday, May 17, 2012



Sunday, July 5, 2009

ONCE AGAIN TO ZELDA


So last week I was strolling through the bookstore and found this enticing book..... remember reading books instead of the internet? Oh, how I love paper and ink and carefully constructed sentences... unlike the ones I compose.... Anywho! I came across this interesting little ditty called "Once Again to Zelda: The stories behind literature's most intriguing dedications." And I must say, it's not only intriguing, but delish! Marlene Wagman-Gellar is a genius for thinking of researching dedications. We're talking some seriously juicy stuff here, people! From Ayn Rand dedicating "Atlas Shrugged" to her husband and to her lover, to Lewis Carroll's disturbing dedication to the 12 year old real life Alice, to Boris Pasternak's romantic real life story behind "Dr. Zhivago", this book is one of my new faves. Quick, easy, interesting and stellar. So, if your birthday is coming up, well, you know what you're getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment